Workout of the Day
Tuesday Group Strength and Conditioning
1) 3 Position cleans: floor, mid-thigh, high hang. Work up to 70% 1RM clean and do 5 sets. 2) 3 Front squat + 1 jerk: work up to 70% of best cj. Then do 4R of -3 front squats + 1 jerk 3) Clean pulls: work up to 90% of best clean…. Then... Read more »
- Laura Trethefen6:00 amGroup Strength and Conditioning
- Ken Hess9:30 amGroup Strength and Conditioning
- Coach PDXstrength10:30 amOpen Gym
- Jocelyn Streng4:30 pmGroup Strength and Conditioning
- Jocelyn Streng5:30 pmGroup Strength and Conditioning
- Laura Trethefen6:30 pmPDX 101
- Coach PDXstrength6:30 pmOpen Gym
- Jocelyn Streng6:30 pmKettlebell Club (all levels)
- Coach PDXstrength7:30 pmPDX 101
Hello, I’m Jocelyn, your new coach and owner of PDXstrength! I grew up competing and participating in a wide range of sports and obtained my B.S. in Physical Education and Health Promotion. At University of Oregon, I was a Division I three-sport athlete, competing in track, cross country, and tennis.
Hi, I’m Nigel- the head coach at PDXstrength. A biologist by trade, I originally started CrossFit as a way to supplement skill-training in mixed martial arts. I needed to find ways to get stronger, recover from serious injuries and gain conditioning without getting hit, choked, or twisted out of joint.
Hi I’m Laura, one of your coaches at PDXstrength. Ready to get awesome with me? My classes are high energy and fun! I have an upbeat and positive attitude, and along with my spunky spirit, you are guaranteed a super awesome time when you take one of my classes.
Hi, I’m Ken. I’ve been CrossFitting since I first heard about it back in 2006. I was apprehensive at first, as CrossFit is a huge paradigm shift from your typical gym routine, and what you read about in all the health and fitness magazines.
Hey Strength Tribe! It's time once again for our yearly participation in the Everyday Warrior series! There's a division for everyone to participate! Rx, Scaled, Masters Rx and Masters Scaled! This online workout challenge is a great way to test your fitness, raise some money for a great cause, and support those unfortunate to be battling cancer. This event always brings us closer as a community, and… Keep Reading »
Saying goodbye to members has been one of the toughest parts of running PDXstrength. I guess the closest way to describe what I'm feeling must be what a parent feels when their child goes away to college.... There's a mix of emotion, I'm sad they are leaving, excited for their new adventure, selfishly wishing I could be there while they continue to grow and learn... When I say goodbye to a member, it's like … Keep Reading »
Got 5 minutes?? That's all you need to raise some money for a great cause, get a good workout in, and have some fun with your awesome PDXstrength tribe! I'll bring coffee and donuts! How can you say no to that? This "competition for a cause" was created to support early diagnosis and treatment of Autism, raise funds for the Autism Tree Project Foundation in San Diego, and most importantly, turn a global spotlight … Keep Reading »